JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures....and a Project!

Hello, hello....

So, I officially broke my promise to myself, to blog every day for one year. It was for a good cause though. Cause nothing is better than family, and Disney World! 

Our trip to Florida was beyond amazing. We got to the Orlando airport to pick up my sister and brother in law, and the little ladies had no idea what we were doing. They thought this whole thing was a 'daddy trip' for the Air Force, and we were on our way home after we 'picked something up'. So we picked up my sister and brother in law, and the ladies were ecstatic, they thought that they were coming to our house for Little Miss' birthday. They talked all about how excited they were to show them our house, and their room, all the while we all were trying to keep them distracted so they didnt see the millions of Disney signs.

We walked around Downtown Disney for a couple of hours, then we had a reservation at the awesome T-Rex restaurant. This is when I knew Miss El would piece together where we were. We had seen pictures of the restaurant in a Disney brochure the ladies picked up at base.


A little while after they realized where they were. We had the next awesome surprise. Gramma, Grampa, and their uncles!


Tears.



We spent a couple days at Universal's Islands of Adventure, which was amazing. It was so much fun to go on so many awesome rides and roller coasters  with my family. It was so good seeing everyone, we have missed them all so so much.

'Bobby' and I


Thomas and the little ladies in Harry Potter land.


Thomas and Mikey with Dr. Doom.


The ladies have now decided they want a Seuss Land bedroom! They loved this place.


Look at Little Miss eyeing that popcorn.


All of us!


We also went to the Magic Kingdom with all of our family for one day. 


I love all their facial expressions in this picture!



Our Little Miss is such a weirdo.


On the tea cups with Uncle Mike...


This was their favorite ride.


Then everyone went home but us :( it was nice to go to Disney for a few days though at our own pace.


More tea cups!




We ate so many of these amazing pineapple popsicles. 


love love love Stitch


They would constantly get cranky from the heat, so we would find different water things, and they would get soaked and be happy again!


Look at these beautiful ladies! That face paint took less than five minutes to do each.



Overall, we had an amazing time. I wish we could rewind and do it all over again! It was also really nice, to spend a week with my man, no work, no Air Force, no pt, just us!

Now that we are back to reality, it's time to get things in order, and start working on more projects! This past weekend was rough, our sleep schedules have been so off, all we did was sleep and clean pretty much. 

Last night I took a break from cleaning to work on my next furniture project!

My bedroom furniture is the same furniture that I have had since I was fifteen. I love it. Some of the varnish has been chipped off of both the nightstand and dresser. They really need to be fixed up a bit. I decided to start on the nightstand since it's smaller and if I didn't like it I would try something else before moving on to the big dresser.


I went with a bright lime green.



I started working with the glaze, and this was how it started to look. I really like the glaze on the lighter color paints. It really makes the accents and wood grains pop.


Here it is, all finished! I am absolutely in love with how it turned out! Soon I will be doing our dresser as well!



That is all for tonight. I have been having issues with my pictures, and I have to keep trying to figure that out. Tomorrow I think we might have to make a trip to Home Depot to get some more green paint. Also, I swung by Goodwill the other day, and I found an awesome little piece of furniture, that I think definitely has potential to be gorgeous. I might have to go get it. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment