JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Complete with Cookies....

The sun finally shone today, and it was above freezing! I checked the weather, and it is supposed to rain again tomorrow. That meant if I wanted to finish my desk this week, it would have to be today. I'm so excited to share this. This project definitely took a while to finish, but I am oh so happy with the results!

After we got our day started, I decided to lug out the bottom half of the desk, and paint the first coat! It was funny when I took the drawers out, I found a lot of random things that were my little brothers. Yes, Kev, that would be you! I have a book of yours, a big box of Nerds, temporary tattoos, a thank you note from some teacher that you gave a Beetles cd to, and a bunch of other crap!


Throughout the day, I added another coat, and made some touch ups to areas, in the midst of every day mommy life. After my man left for work, and the little ladies finished some movie about mermaids, we decided it would be a good time to make some cookies! We have had some cookie stuff from Christmas time, that we never made. They have been begging me to bake them, so I knew they would love it to do most of the work!



Little Miss was so excited to try a heart cookie cutter, and then so proud of herself when she made a perfect heart!



There were a lot of weird shaped cookies that were made!


They were so concentrated on the frosting part. I think they ate more than they put on the cookies.


 I took three adorable pictures of them together like this - in every one of them Little Miss is eyeing the cookies! (These babies are the reason I breathe. I could never describe how much I love and adore them. Look at those cute faces.)

Then the frosting battle began!


Cookies finished, just for Daddy!


After cookies, it was time to settle down. So we had art time. I worked on the glazing on the desk while they colored. Here is the bottom half all finished!


Ok, so I have to emphasize how ridiculously strong I am! haha. I know I have said it before, but I am crazy impulsive!!! Seeing everything finished, but not put together was driving me crazy. So I just harnessed all my magic super powers and lifted the whole top half and perfectly placed it on the bottom half. Go me! 

Here it my gorgeous new twenty year old desk!


Now all I have to do is the chair to go with it. I think it's going to have to be silver. Oh, and to my love Keileigh, I hope you love and appreciate my lime green, and hot pink zombie wallet. I was totally thinking of you when I got it! I love that you love me for my "eccentricness".

Ok, so that pretty much does it for today. I am beyond happy that I finished it! I have also been in the zone working all day, thanks to my new and fantabulous album I bought. The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow. If you haven't heard of them click on their picture below and listen! Seriously, or else we can't be friends. They are amazing. Definitely, awesome music to listen to while painting.



Until tomorrow night....



No comments:

Post a Comment