JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Art of TaeKwonDo....

I have always been the type of person to say "I'll do it later." Ask my mom, or my man, they will certainly attest to this. I pride myself on my procrastination, it has become an art form of it's own. Haha. How horrible does that sound? It's true though.

There are so many things that I want to do, and have wanted to do for a while, yet I always put them off. Well, I am officially done with that! I am working more on my design, on my house, basically projects in general. I would have to say the biggest project for this year though, is myself!

When I was young I took TaeKwonDo for years, and years, and years. Talk about passion, this was my life! It was an outlet, it was a workout, and it was an art form. I don't want to pat myself on the back or gloat, so I will just say I was good. I was nationally ranked, attended several Jr. Olympics, and went to train at the Olympic Training Center. I went to class, I went to camps, I went to tournaments. This was my life!!! 

Somewhere along the way though, I lost my passion for it. It became something I had to do, and not what I loved to do. Looking back now, I wish I would have never stopped, it is a major disappointment to me. For years, I have talked about getting back into it, and have genuinely wanted to, but there is always a reason I can't. At first after I had Miss El, my back couldn't handle it, then once my back was better, after Little Miss was born, I blew out my shoulder, then we moved, then we moved again, and now it's the cost, and the fact that they don't have the style I trained in. Very frustrating!

The biggest thing that drives me crazy, other than the fact that I don't do it anymore, is the fact that I am totally out of shape. The last five years have not been so awesome, which is not the norm for me. It's annoying to me that my man always says, "well, go to the gym". As ridiculous as it sounds I have no idea what to do at the gym to get in shape. People do routines and machine and whatnot, I know nothing about that. It was always me, maybe another person, maybe a punching bag. (unfortunately, my man has never enjoyed holding a pad for me to continuously kick)

I have decided if I can't do TaeKwonDo right now, I need to at least get back into shape, until I can get into it again. So, I found myself a 'personal trainer'. I think the idea of having a Marine as a personal trainer is a good idea. I just wish he could be screaming in my face to do more when I work out. At least I will get a good regimen!

To my personal trainer: PLEASE do not be disappointed in me! I absolutely could not handle what you told me to do! I did attempt it though. There was no way, after not working out for forever that I could run for 40 mins. Even in my best of shape, I would still loathe running 40 mins. Also, Jay said you lied,  that you are a running machine, or at least you were. I did run for about 25 mins though, then I did the weights like you said. I took a bit of a break after an hour of running and weights. The look on Jay's face was complete shock that I really went. He had me do a bunch of ab stuff when I got back too. Now I feel dead, my calves are already burning, and my body is on fire. I figure I will give myself a day off then go again on Wednesday. 

I am so excited, and hopefully I will be able to stay on track. Every time I try to lose some weight and get back in shape, I give myself crazy goals. Well, that needs to change, because it only leads to disappointment! So I am aiming to lose 15 to start! I am so determined. And maybe, just maybe.....once I get in shape, I can enter a tournament, just to see how it goes. To me TaeKwonDo is like riding a bike. I think it would be pretty awesome! I think I should also start teaching my baby girls, especially Miss El, because personally, I think it is ridiculously important! 

Here I am dead, after my first real workout in a long time....
(you'll notice my shirt is a tournament shirt - I have hundreds, and they come in handy for work outs!)



2 comments:

  1. Well, for starters, listening comes in handy. I specifically told you to Run ONE MILE. not 40 minutes. i said 40 minutes on the treadmill. RUN ONE MILE, then walk on an incline. start at 3.2 speed with an incline of 3.0 every minute, alternate speed up .1 and incline .5. until you have done 35 minutes on the treadmill. the LAST FIVE MINUTES, decrease your speed to 3.2 and incline to 3.0, and cool down with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were yelling at me (Jay) about the running machine lies. Because there are no lies there. I AM a running machine. I want to go to the gym with you. It would be like fun healthy sisterly competition. I miss you. Also I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete