JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ooooo Shiny....

I don't have a huge update for today. I think I am starting to suffer from sleep deprivation or something. Let me tell you, insomnia is not fun! 

Thanks to my fantabulous little sister, I was reminded about the chair to my desk that I needed to paint. I have to touch up a few spots tomorrow, because once it finally dried we ended up having a thunderstorm. It's crazy, I have never seen weather like this in my life. In a week and a half its gone from 80 and sunny out, to frigid and snowing, to now warm with thunder storms. 

I am slightly torn on the chair though. I am absolutely in love with how it looks with the desk, but I don't know if I should add a glaze to it or not. Whenever I start a project I get really excited and jump right into it, so I have a tendency to forget about the before pictures. It was just a natural wood, that matched the desk. Like the desk, it is also about twenty years old. There are a lot of nicks and dents in it. I thought the glaze would accent those and just make it more unique, but then again I like the lightness of the chair in contrast to the dark desk. So I would love some opinions! 


So here she is, in all her gorgeousness....


Later on down the road I have a feeling I might add something to the very top, whether it's painting a fun design, or adding a cool antique piece of hardware that I find and paint to match the silver. It just looks a bit flat to me. I am so happy with how it's turned out though, and I am ready to move onto something else for now. 

For now though, I am moving onto bed. Goodnight blogland!

1 comment:

  1. I vote no on the glazing the chair. I think you're right. I love how light and shiny it looks next to the desk. <3 It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete