JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Friday, January 21, 2011

Colored Ladies...

After such a long night last night, we all ended up waking up fairly late. I can't complain, it's nice to sleep in a bit. Today was all about creativity today. We woke up and ate, then got into some crafts right away. The ladies worked on cutting and glueing shapes, coloring with different mediums, and decorating with glitter glue. I worked on finishing the silhouettes. and had decided that I would add a layer of Modge Podge on top of the silhouettes, to add some shine. I like it more, but am a bit upset at what happened with the ink because of it. It left it somewhat streaky. Then later on we painted nails, then decided to cut my and my littlest lady heads out. Each one took around 15 minutes to cut out, cutting around the eye lashes and whatnot was ridiculous. I was almost finished with my head and I had already finished hers, when I turned my head and realized she was eating the bun on her silhouette!!! It smudged the ink, which I wasn't so happy about. I decided to go over the whole thing with my black acrylic paint which I think made it look a lot better and it wouldn't smudge when I put the Modge Podge on it. Here they are, finally all finished.


Later on in the night we all sat down together to play one of the ladies favorite games. Colorforms Silly Faces game. They love it so much, their Gramma gave them them a new one for Christmas because they played their old one so much pieces wouldn't stick anymore.  We played it twice, and both the girls won. Here is the littlest lady putting on her winning piece.


She started to take off the pieces and put them on her legs. My ladies have a tendency to color themselves. So I decided since they are having a bath in the morning, before we go meet 'Freddie", it was ok if they colored on their legs a little. Here is the littlest ladies leg.



 The second this was done, her big sister ran over asking for me to do one on her. So I decided to color all over her leg. Haha! She loved it.


She decided to do a little one on her other leg by herself. I left the room for about five minutes, and this is what I came back to.



My littlest lady wanted to clean hers off with baby wipes, so she ended up using the rest of what we had from when she was in pull ups. She thought it was the coolest thing to see all the different colors on the wipes after wiping some of it off.


I was also able to hammer down some staples that were sticking up on the red, white, and black squares, and hammer on most of the frame hangers. So after we get home tomorrow in the afternoon, I will finish up on that and get everything up on the wall. I'm very excited! Since we have another busy, productive day, I am off to bed for tonight. I can't wait for tomorrow, the girls are going to be so excited to meet iCarly's 'Freddie', and Dora! I'm also psyched, because until last night I hadn't realized that it's a huge car show. I love awesome fixed up cars, they are absolute works of art. Today was such a great day, the ladies were both awesome listeners, and so sweet. I think every mom can relate to loving days when your kids seem like perfect angels. Especially my littlest lady, she never is a big help picking up her toys, her big sister always is, but her, eh, she's two, so not so much. Today she picked up every toy she played with. I also think I might have had well over a hundred hugs today. Definitely, over all, it was a pretty awesome day.  Alright, well, it's off to bed for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment