JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Imagination Haven....

Once again I was thinking about more wall ideas. I think I am mildly obsessed with how many amazing ideas you can come up with for naked walls. When I was doing some research I came across an amazing mural artist for kids. My girls room is absolutely, 100%, there imagination haven. It's where they dream, come up with amazing little ideas, play with Barbies and a million other toys. Always imagining, always creating. In designing their room, I wanted it to be a place where they always wanted to be playing, and having fun. I stuck with bright colors, and went with purple, pink, green, blue, and yellow for the color scheme. More than anything, I really wanted to paint their walls, but being in an apartment, that is a big no-no. So I looked around and decided that we would go with wall decals. There are so many amazing designers that make wall decals. If anyone is interested in some great ones just go check out Etsy, and in the search bar type in wall decal. You will find thousands of options. We actually just went with ones from Target. The girls saw them when we were shopping one day, and insisted that they needed them. They couldn't agree with what ones to get, so we got two. My big monster picked out the girlier ones (as usual), they are owls, flowers, clouds, and little birds, and my little monster picked out the underwater creatures. They each have their own half of the room decorated with them. Here are a few pictures of them....(sorry the lighting is horrible, I couldn't turn the bright light on in their room since they are asleep)






I can't wait until we move into a house one day, because I am going to go crazy in the painting department! Like I've said before I am beyond obsessed with little creatures and monsters. I found children's wall mural artist, Ami Suma. Some of the murals she has done are exactly how I have envisioned my girls room. Eventually, one day when I am allowed to paint on the walls, I will be doing something just like this for my babies. Covered in little monsters. Maybe one day while my man is at work, I will end up doing our room too! Until then, we have to stick to wall decals! Here are a few examples from the talented Ami Suma....






2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! My daughter, Morgan has the owls!!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yea they're pretty cute. personally, i just prefer things that are fairly unique, or something that we make. but they love them, so that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete