JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Creatures, Critters, and Lollipops...

Today is just one of those days that feels never-ending. Being an insomniac is not very conducive to being a mom. Days turn to nights, and then to day again before I am ever able to shut my eyes. Some days I am lucky enough to get about five hours of sleep before my littlest monkey comes in to wake me up, and asks for oatmeal and her Care Bears movie. Lately she has been sneaky though. Rather than waking me up, she goes into the kitchen, opens the pantry, and ascends the shelves. Between Halloween and Christmas our house is stocked full of candy. I try my best to hide it in places both kiddos wont find it, but they do, everyday, without fail. It's starting to get mildly frustrating waking up to every type of candy wrapper imaginable on my floors, and hidden in their beds. 
 It's hard to blame them though. Our whole family is filled with candy addicts. It's a staple in all of our diets. I would have to say the worst of us all is my brother, who has bookcase shelves, and drawers completely filled. The problem with my little monkeys eating so much is, just like any other kid, they get a crazy sugar high, then turn into screaming crying little monsters. The crying that, eventually they forget why they are even crying in the first place, yet they continue to wail for what seems like forever. You know that wonderful feeling when your ears are ringing, and your head starts pounding? If so, welcome to my day. It was also filled with some great moments, like the fort that was built in a tv stand we have. I must say personally one of my favorite things is to watch them have their tea parties. It's almost like all is right in the world, and I have two little angels sitting in front of me playing perfectly together. After playing for a while this morning, the candy high started to wear off, and they decided they wanted to rest and watch a movie. So naturally what did they do....they ran for the candy. I allowed them to each have only one lollipop. 


After pops, it was time to clean. One of my most dreaded times of the day, yet I have become a fairly productive cleaner. I feel I am molding the little ones into great cleaners too. I feel since Christmas I have just had a million and one little toys all over my house. Especially in the girls room. Littlest Pet Shop critters, Barbies, and Squinkies, they are just flooding my house. I'm going to have to come up with some awesome way to store all of them nicely. Thats for a different day. Same with the stuffed animals. I really don't even know where my babies sleep. They both have literally around fifty stuffed animals each that they NEED to sleep with.


Amidst all of my cleaning up toys and candy, ideas were just flooding my brain. During my little bit of me time I figured I would scribble all of the randomness down. I guess in all of the tidying and running about throughout the house and hearing some fantabulous random stories from my babies a picture basically flashed in my brain. So here it is in all of its awesomeness. I call it....

Don't Lick the Candy Elephant



Someday soon hopefully I can sit down in total silence (one can only dream) and really work on something great. Until then, random doodles will have to suffice. It was nice to take a little break and work on something though. New Slang by The Shins has helped my brain work tonight. Unfortunately, I no longer want to listen to it on repeat, so I guess in other words I don't want my brain to really be working anymore for tonight. So until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment