JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Friday, January 14, 2011

Lost in Books....

When I was young, I was not a fan of reading at all. I remember hearing year after year from my mom, "I wish one of my kids loved to read." Well, I can definitely say that it's now me. I honestly have to say that I fudged so many book reports in school it's ridiculous. I read one big book when I was about nine, that I loved, but after that I didn't fully read another book until I was about seventeen. Pretty sad. I wish I would have known what I was missing out on. I think I drive my husband crazy now when I find a new book I like, because the world disappears and I get totally sucked into it.

When my little monsters were little I decided that one of the best things I could do for them was to read to them, and get them to love books. We have a huge bookcase filled, and almost every night we read at least three or four. Right now we are on a big Dr. Seuss binge. Not only do we all love the creative, crazy stories, but also the imagery. Personally, I would love to have some of his Unorthodox Taxidermy.




I would say we definitely now have a good sized collection of his books, probably around twenty or so. I have been looking around because I would love to have even more collections. As they get older I want them to have some great choices to choose from. I was looking around and found a beautiful collection at Anthropologie.  They have six different books in their collection. I think it would look awesome in the girls room, because they are the exact colors that are decorated in their room. 








Unfortunately, my husband isn't big into reading, other than to the little ladies. I would still love to have a small collection in our room as well though. For Christmas my amazing mother-in-law bought me a beautiful copy of Alice and Wonderland. 


Barnes and Noble has started a Leatherbound Classics Collection. There are so many great books to choose from, and if you love books and to really appreciate reading, this is definitely a collection to check out. Here are just a few of the ones that are available, that I think I am definitely going to have to get. 







No comments:

Post a Comment