JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Friday, January 7, 2011

Fishin' & Wine....

Today was a full day of fishing at one of the big lakes on base. It's crazy being from New Hampshire, the concept of fishing in the beginning of January. Unless it's ice fishing. We spent several hours today in beautiful seventy degree, sunny weather. We were all alone on a little island in the middle of a lake fishing for hours. It was awesome. We are a big fishing family! Both my husband and I have been fishing ever since we can remember. It used to be one of my favorite things to do with my Dad when I was little. I remember him picking me up at my moms house, and we would go to the store to get worms, cream soda, and beef jerky. For my entire relationship with my husband, we have been fishing, no matter the time, the place, or the weather. He likes to think he has taught me everything I know, but the fact is, I am a better fisherman than he is. Or at least I think so. Personally, my favorite place I have ever fished was the marina at Keesler AFB. I had never done any real ocean fishing before. We used to stay out there from about noon to three in the morning. We would bring games, books, pillows and blankets. I would make a little bed on one of the huts, out in the ocean, and the girls would curl up and fall asleep, and we would continue to fish. My husband and I both caught things there that we had never caught before. Unfortunately, we are now in Louisiana, and as much as I have heard people say great things about the fishing here, I haven't experienced it. We have caught a few decent sized fish, but nothing to really brag about. The only fish that was caught today was by my husband. Normally, if he catches a fish, and I don't, we will stay in an area until I catch one too. Today wasn't one of those days. We still had an awesome day though. Here are some of the pictures from today.....

Lake Harmon


My Ladies



Me and my boy


Only fish of the day


My brave lady


So that was pretty much all we did today, other than a nap, hanging out at home, and dinner. Now that the ladies are in bed and asleep, it's wine time! Every weekend we have one night where, the girls in our apartment complex get together and have a few glasses of wine. It's nice to be able to have some girl time, and just relax without the kiddos. Normally, wine time consists of me and my friend Savannah, but it's always a great time. I had to take a mini break to come in and write this just so I could keep up with my one post a day concept. But now it's definitely time to go back out in the cold, and hang out. So until tomorrow, I'm out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment