JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dead Space...

Today is the day we take down all of our Christmas decorations. As much as I love seeing how pretty our house is with all the red and green trinkets, I hate decorating, because all it means is one thing....I'm going to have to pick it all up and put it all away. I like my little ladies idea of just keeping everything up until next Christmas, so we are already ready for Santa. I suppose realistically I shouldn't do that though. Unfortunately, I have a little dilemma with taking everything down. When we first moved into our apartment it took forever to get everything out of boxes and put in its own place.  Now that everything is where it belongs, we have one area of the house that is totally naked, and it's in a very centralized spot. The wall in the living room that our couch faces. I already have pictures all of over every other wall so I didn't want to add a million more to this big wall. When we decorated for Christmas I thought it would be perfect to hang our stockings up there, unfortunately now it's time for them to come down. 



Now picture that wall, with no stockings. That's a lot of dead space! I dont work well with dead space. It's now officially time to start racking my brain to figure out something amazing to go in this area. I think it would be awesome to have it covered in a bunch of my favorite prints, from some of my favorite artists. Unfortunately, those can get pricey, and I can't drop a bunch of money on something like that, as much as I would absolutely love to.  Maybe after our tax return I may be lucky enough to pick out a few. Personally what I would really love to put up there, are a few awesome pieces from Jessica Joslin. She is beyond talented, a great painter, but in my eyes even more amazing at her sculptures. I would love to have her sculptures covering the entire wall. Here are a few, just so you can get an idea of how awesome they are and how talented she is....






I would never in my life be able to have some poor, real, taxidermied creature on my wall, but I think these are brilliant. I admire the detail this she puts into her work. The pieces to put them together she finds all over, they mainly consist of items from hardware stores, velvet, and leather. So yes, as weird as they may seem to others, I would absolutely love to have some of these on my living room wall. Unfortunately, once again, cost is an issue. So in the meantime I have to start brainstorming and come up with an equalling awesome idea! Any suggestions? I am highly indecisive, and this one may take me a while. Before I go for the day, there is just one more sculpture of hers that I want to share. It's my little ladies favorite one, and I think it's so cute....








No comments:

Post a Comment