JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sticks & Crayon Puke...

I decided today would be my 'lazy day' of the week. Other than cleaning around the house, paying a few bills, making meals, and playing with the kiddos not much got accomplished. I felt I deserved it after everything I worked on yesterday. Tomorrow however, is definitely going to be my Home Depot day. Even though I have said that for several days now, if you have kiddos you understand that certain things just flow around whats going on with them.

I am so pumped up about my living room! I can't wait to get everything that I need to work on my tables. Whenever I think of a project, I always feel that the ball officially starts rolling when I actually have in my possession everything I need to complete it.  That is why tomorrow is my sticks and paint day! I suppose you can include sander in there as well, but it just doesn't sound as good. The paint part is obvious, as is the sander, considering I have already explained what I want to do with my tables. The sticks part though is what I am excited for. The little ladies are all pumped up to help me out on this one. There nothing like little kids going on 'scavenger hunts'. I briefly mentioned yesterday that I was thinking about adding some branches into the frame that I worked on last night. I searched around online for a while to find a picture of what I am kind of going for with it.


I think it's kind of cool, and just adds an extra sense of uniqueness. When I was thinking of this project, of course another one came to mind. I hate how that always happens. I get excited for a project, then more come to mind, and I want to do all of them right away. This idea I thought was kind of out there, but would definitely play into the uniqueness factor, and would be really simple. In my living room I have double doors to the patio. Currently, there is a beautiful picture of my littlest lady that was taken when she was six weeks old, and will forever be one of my favorite pictures. Once again though, there is too much white!!! Between the white wall (technically slightly off white), white doors, and white blinds, I just go kind of crazy! 



So I thought to kind of accent and tie everything together I definitely need a curtain. I like how everything is flowing, the squares and red frame tie into my red couch, and then the branches in the red frame are going to tie into my curtain rod. I thought that it would be kind of neat to just find a big branch that is a little longer than the doors, clean it off, paint it, and hang my curtain off of that. I started looking around for idea, and realized that unfortunately I am definitely not the first to do this. If you look it up, this picture pops up on a few different sites.


I'm not really a fan of how the curtains look on it though. After painting it, I think a glaze on a branch would probably come out looking really cool too because it already has so much texture it would just be highlighted.  I might end up doing the same kind of paint and glaze that I plan on doing for my tables, once again to tie everything together in this room. I ended up finding one other picture of someone else' idea like this. This is more so how I envisioned what I want, even though you can't see too much in the picture.


I really like how the curtain is just draped up and over it. That way it isn't just completely flat, it gives it a bit more dimension. I also like the little shower hangers on it for accents. I don't know if thats something I would necessarily do, but I think something might have to be added just to give it a bit more awesomeness. We shall see. 

I also need some opinions here. I love the black, white and red color scheme that we have, but I am starting to feel like I should add hints of other colors. Basically because our living room and dining room are sort of one huge area. After the living room is complete I need to do the dining room, and I want there to be a good amount of color there. I don't want it to throw off our living room though. So I figured if I add hints of another color, or a few other colors, but keep the red the primary focus it won't look off. I am thinking maybe a purple, but then again I am partial to purple, and think the whole world should be decorated in it. I also really love green, but it would be too Christmasy. So I don't really know right now, and would absolutely love people's opinions!!! I am way too indecisive. Basically, I want my whole house to look like a crayon box threw up, just organized a bit. I am slightly obsessed with color!

Tomorrow is definitely going to be a busy day, between Home Depot (which I could hunt for stuff in there for hours - unfortunately I can't), doing our tax return, we are checking out a new church (which I am really excited about), and then the sticks! The ladies are most excited for the stick part I think, nothing like wondering in the woods to look for stuff to decorate your house with, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment