JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Monday, January 31, 2011

One Month Down...

It has officially been one month since I started this blog. I really want to thank everyone who has been reading. So far I have had 1,287 viewers. Not too bad for my first month! Like I said when I started this, I can't wait to see where I am in a year from now!

Anyway, once again it was gross and rainy out today, and tomorrow is supposed to be too. Unfortunately, that means I can't finish up my desk. My living room is so disorganized, it's driving me crazy. Nothing I can do about it though. 

It has been three days now though since I painted the chalkboard paint, so the little ladies were able to draw on it for the first time. They were sick all day, and pretty lethargic, but they had a blast doing this. It's frustrating though, because I have to wait a week before I can wipe it clean. (They love wearing daddy's shirts, especially when they are sick!)


While they were working, I worked on a small project too. I don't know how the chalkboard paint is going to hold up against water, and whatnot. I figured we needed some coasters. I rummaged through our house to find something that would hold up nicely. Given the fact that I hate to waste, I found the back to the frame that I used for the framed branches project. There wasn't too much to it. I started with the backing, a ruler, and an xacto knife.


I measured them out, and sliced. Including my finger. If you have never been stabbed or sliced with an xacto knife, let me tell you, it's not fun. You bleed like crazy! Once they were all cut, the edges were a little too rough. I busted out my beautiful sander and made them nice and smooth. 


I decided I would use one of the materials that I used for the wall pieces, once again, to tie everything together. I laid it out and Modge Podged all the pieces. Then I placed them on the material, and flattened them out, making sure there were no air bubbles.


Once they were all dry, I used the xacto knife again to slice the material around the edges. I then flipped them over, and did a coat of the Modge Podge to the top.


After it dried, I put on another coat. I didn't get a chance to fix up the sides the way I want, because I had to get the little ladies to bed, then watched a movie with my man. I will figure out what I want to do with them tomorrow. I do like how they have come out so far though. Incredibly cheap, and easy to make, but it's such a nice little accent to the room.



It's been a very long day, especially since my babies are sick and not sleeping well, so I am about done on here. I once again really want to thank everyone who has been following along, I'm really excited about this year, and where it will take my family and I. Sweet dreams....



No comments:

Post a Comment