JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Designer, Not The Creator....

If you have been reading my blog, you know all about my dead spaced, naked, blah wall. Also, my search to create the drawer wall mount. Well, it's not going so great. I have been searching around like crazy. It's my husbands 'weekend', and we made a trip to the massive Goodwill here, with no luck in finding drawers. I was even willing to buy a whole dresser, but 1. I would hate to waste a whole dresser just to have some drawers, and 2. the ones they had weren't what I was looking for. I am getting so frustrated with the wall!  I decided to move furniture around for over an hour, but in the end moved everything back to where it was. My husband said I was acting 'certifiably crazy'.  So, in the meantime until I do find something, I am going to go with the fabric covered wood square idea, I talked about for my sister. My man actually thought it would be a great idea, because we could all go out and find a bunch of really bright awesome colors and patterns, and we're going to do the different sized squares.  It will also be an awesome project that we can definitely do with our little monsters. 


In the meantime, I have decided to do something that comes much more naturally to me. Design! Over the next couple of weeks I am going to start designing some sets of cards. I am obsessed with cards. I keep almost every single card that anyone in our family receives, and have been doing it for years. I think I got this obsession from my mom. Only I am the opposite. I keep cards I receive, she stocks up and has a drawer filled with cards to give out. Certain cards I will never be able to bring myself to throw out. Both my mine and my husbands grandparents have passed away. I kept ever single card from my grandparents, since I was about sixteen, and when we got married I started to keep his too. I love being able to go back through them and read the heartwarming messages from them. There are so many concepts for design in cards, anything from handmade,  to mainstream. My personal favorite though, obviously, are the unique graphically designed ones, that you can't just go to the store and pick up. So, I have decided to make some of my own! Hopefully, people might be interested in them.


There is a really awesome company that I think is pretty inspiring. Tiny Prints. They have some really cute cards. The thing I like most about them is you can personalize basically everything on their website. They have a great selection of every card you may need, but they also have other awesome products; stationary, labels, gift tags, notebooks, invitations, photo gifts, party favors, and more. They are definitely a site you should check out if you don't want a card like everyone else from Hallmark. Here are a few examples of some of their cards and an invitation...






1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about your fabric block idea too. I think I may steal it.
    :) love you

    ReplyDelete