JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Staples & Faces....

The wall mounts are officially finished! Actually, I take that back, I have to hammer in the frame hangers on the back. That should only take five to ten minutes though. At first I thought it was pretty easy, but if you have a good number of them to do it becomes really tiresome on your hands. Maybe it's just me though. I tore a ligament in my thumb this past summer, which was a wonderful and semi-hysterical occasion, and it never fully healed. Every now and then I pull it, or move it weird and it still hurts. So after 256 staples from the staple gun, it's not feeling so great. I love how they turned out though. I can't wait to get them up on the wall!


I also get my 'new' couch tomorrow! Even more excited for that. It's going to add so much color to the room, and just be a wicked awesome focal point in my living room. Unfortunately, that means I have to get rid of my couch. Honestly, it semi breaks my heart. Other than part of the material being ripped,  it's in great condition, but not knowing how to sew doesn't really help me out. At least we will be bringing it to Goodwill, so hopefully someone who does know how to sew can fix it up, and love it just as much as we have.

On another note, I love that I had the idea to do our silhouettes on the little oval pieces of wood. When I wanted to do the drawer wall unit, I really wanted to add the little ladies silhouettes on each side. Now that we are going to have all the red, white, and black squares up on the wall, all scattered, we will be able to put our faces up there in the mix. I worked on all of our silhouettes tonight, so tomorrow it's just a matter of getting them off of the computer and Modge Podged onto the wood! Here is what I came up with. I think they came out pretty cool.





It's funny, since we all have curly hair, they look all bumpy and not crisp, but hey, that's us. I really can't express enough how excited I am to get this all finished and up on the wall. I hope it looks as great as I see it in my head! Even if it isnt exactly how I pictured it, I have a feeling I'm absolutely going to love it anyway. Especially since I had some great help from my little monster. I cant wait to see their faces and see how much they like what they have helped with when it's all done!



5 comments:

  1. katie, that is going to be awesome! i can't wait to see pics of the finished project! and how exactly is the fabric torn on your couch? is it on a removable cushion cover? what color is the couch again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, i'm really excited to see it all completed. it has two little rips on two of the removable cushions, but the back cushions that are attached to the the back of the couch, have been really ripped unfortunately! it's like a tan-ish color and plaid, with a darker tan-ish color, blue, and green stripes. We are getting ready to load it on the truck in a minute :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm not allowed to bring in anymore furniture anyway, LOL. I have two couches in the living room and had one in the sunroom/homeschool room but got rid of that one so i could have a permanent sewing area set up. btw, i'm linking to your blog in mine, is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, absolutely. how do you do that? I'm new to this whole blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am, too :) But, if you look near where you click to add a photo, there's a 'link' button. you can add a link there. You just have to go to the website you want to reference, copy the address in the bar, and paste it. There's a box that you can type what text you want to appear in the blog. Like, when I did yours, I copied the link to one of your specific blogs, but it says 'Juggling & Jellies' in my blog. When someone clicks on it it will take them to that specific entry, though. From there, they could explore the rest of it. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete