JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fried....

Once again, it's one of those days that goes on and on and on! From about noon to ten I didn't even have a chance to sit, other than in the car. I was woken up at about 6:30 this morning by a camouflaged monster. In other words, my husband in his ABU's. I have learned that it's not ok to have a car that won't start when you are in the military and need to get to work. Recently, when it gets cold out the battery in our awesome minivan dies. It doesn't really happen when I go to drive it, but whenever he has to go to work, it always seems to be dead. Being the awesome person that I am, a few weeks ago, rather than buying a new battery I bought jumper cables. The battery has now been a fun topic of conversation for us for a little while now. I suppose it's now finally time to set up an appointment to take the van in and make sure that's definitely the issue. The hubby came home from work on his lunch break, and from then on I had the van. And guess what? Not one issue. Of course. I went to the base three times today (which I don't think I have ever done since living here), grocery shopping, and speech therapy. Obviously, all the other random mom duties weren't excluded for the day either. It always takes the little monkeys forever to fall asleep. I'm talking about hours. It's beyond exhausting. The littlest monkey literally thinks that she is a monkey. Without fail, every night at bedtime the second I leave the room, she scales the windowsill so she can see her big sister on the top bunk. She then proceeds to swing off the top bunk and onto her bed. Of course, what is a big sister, if she isn't the biggest instigator in the world. Although, when they finally do fall asleep, it is so nice to have some peace and quiet. Unfortunately, it's normally not until around almost midnight, but still, it's nice. Maybe thats why I don't mind being an insomniac so much. It gives me more 'me' hours. So tonight, I sat down in silence and couldn't get this ridiculous battery out of my head. So, I figured, it's quiet, I have nothing to do, why not take a little bit of time to sketch. Earlier I took a picture of the poor battery, so I suppose that's where my inspiration has come from 100% tonight.


I am guessing within a week it will be in the trash, so what better to commemorate something that people normally don't care about at all (other than when it's giving you trouble) then with an artistic interpretation of it. So here it is, once again just another little sketch to get some ideas that just dance around in my head for forever, onto paper. Well, technically the computer. I think the title of this one is self explanatory....


Now I am officially done my day, and ready to crash. Why you may ask? Well, because I'm fried. Oh the cleverness! Until next time..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment