JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Projects & Snow....

Today has been a day for brainstorming. It snowed today here in Louisiana. Personally, being from New Hampshire I find it wicked funny that people are freaking out about the smallest amount of wintery precipitation. No one went anywhere, and the major roads were closed. We figured there was no point to going out, so we would just stay home, watch movies, and play. Well that gave me ample time to brainstorm on my next project. That horrible dead space in my living room! Sitting on the couch I feel like it is taunting me with it's nakedness. I have gone on so many different design and home improvement sites and blogs. I think I have officially come up with an idea that I like, but unfortunately it's going to take a little bit of time, and probably a lot of work. Although, I think the projects that you have to put the most effort into are the ones you tend to love the most. Starting tomorrow I am on the hunt! I found this picture on one of the many sites I went to, it was a project that someone else decided to do, and I think it's brilliant. 


They are drawers, from an old unwanted dresser, painted, attached together, then mounted on the wall. I absolutely love this idea. Although, it will have to be altered, and more decorative than the pictured one. Like I said, the hunt will soon begin. We have a massive Goodwill down the street from us, that is filled with anything and everything you can possibly think of. So within the next week, once the roads are better, and people aren't freaking out, I will have to venture out and look around. I also have already started looking on craigslist. I am a big fan of craigslist, you can find anything you could possibly want or need. Since I am a big fan of finding and reusing furniture, it's a godsend. I'm thinking I am going to need some thin drawers, because I don't want something massive and incredibly heavy hanging over my tv. Also, I am feeling like it's going to need to be painted in some bright colors. There aren't enough crazy colors in my living room, and this bothers me. I was also thinking of a fun little project to do for the sides of this awesome wall mount. I have a couple of forks that are not a part of our matching set. I think I am going to bend them, and use them for hooks on the sides. Then I am going to hang a picture on each one. I was looking around online for an example of what I want to do, and I found something almost identical. I am going to take pictures of my little ladies, and print out their profile, and cut with my trusty exacto knife. This is similar to my idea....


So, as of now, thats the plan. I have to get the ball rolling, and find some unwanted drawers that someones getting rid of for cheap, and make them fabulous!!! I can't wait to get this project going. Once it's done, I move onto our coffee table (which I already know what I want to do, but will share on a different day), and our couch. I love my couch, it is beyond comfortable, but when we moved here, the military movers destroyed it, and it ripped apart. It looks horribly trashy. Unfortunately, I have never sewed a day in my life, but I am magically going to find a way to reupholster it. And hopefully, it will all be as amazing as how I see it in my head!

2 comments:

  1. don't get killed by some craig's list psycho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the concern, i will absolutely try not to be! :)

    ReplyDelete