JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Monday, January 24, 2011

Helloooo Living Room...

It's done! It's finally done! After my man went to work this evening, I worked for hours. I took everything away from the wall and laid all of the squares and silhouettes on the floor to figure out how I wanted to arrange them. It was kind of like a crazy puzzle. (Don't mind the wires, I had to pull the tv, dvr, and xbox all out, so wires were everywhere.)



 I am some what OCD, and there couldn't be any matching materials next to each other, no groups of the same size, or a lot of flat or pillow like ones together. I measured some of it out, but wanted it very abstract and very 'random', even though it wasn't random at all. I love how it turned out. Basically, I just love that the wall isn't empty anymore, and it looks awesome with my bright red couch! I'm realizing though, that I need to be taking pictures with my nice Nikon. I've been taking them with my iphone because it's so much easier, but the pictures don't do it justice at all! I am also noticed some of the squares are a little crooked, but I am done decorating for the day. (And yes Mummy, that is your magical, amazing white blanket that I stole!)



I moved the furniture around a little bit. The ladder shelves went to the other side of the wall, and the tv and recliner were shifted down. I ended up adding a small glass table to the side of the tv. We got this table from my inlaws when my husbands grandmother passed away. I absolutely love it. There are some dings on it, and scratches. I talked to my husband and he said it would be fine if I fixed it up. It doesn't need much done. I want to add a light stain to it, and a black satin glaze to really accent the simple designs on it. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of my favorite pieces that we own. It's just a gorgeous little piece of furniture. Inside the glass cabinet it had a light brown velvet material. I was really excited when I realized it all came up and was just tacked to a piece of wood that fit inside. So just to see what it would look like with something else in there, I took an extra piece of material I had from the wall squares. It was funny when we pulled it up, because underneath showed the color it used to be, and it was a rich reddish color. My little ladies and I decided to add in a few masquerade masks that we have just for now.



After I got done with all of that, I found a frame that I had up in my old house a long time ago. The pictures in it are of my biggest lady when she was little. It was just a plain, but nice brown frame. The only dead space now on that living room wall is above my bedroom door, so thats where it will go. 



I ended up painting it with a few different coats of red, starting with a darker red, then a brighter one on top. After it was all dried I used a black wash to accent around the edges, and to give a slight texture on top of the red. In the first picture it doesn't look too red, but up against the bright red couch, you can tell its clearly red, considering it's almost the same hue! It's too late, and I still have work to do tonight so I will add some black and white pictures to it tomorrow, but I think ultimately, after the rain stops, I think I will be taking out the back and adding some small branches going vertically in it. I love framed branches, they're just such a unique accent.



Today was definitely fun and productive. I am just so antsy to have everything done in this room!!! Three more pieces of furniture to work on and it will all be complete. Tomorrow I will hopefully get the chance to run to Home Depot and get what I need to start on the table since I didn't have a chance today! As for now, I have to work on and complete a couple of ads! So until tomorrow...

I also just have to add, since it is after midnight, and officially the 25th, I have to say happy 50th birthday to my Mummy! My mom is beyond an amazing woman, and I wouldn't be the person, or the mother, that I am today without her. I love you beyond words Mummy, I hope you have a fantabulous day. I'm sorry we aren't there to celebrate with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment