JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Working, Working, Working...

I have finally completed everything that I want to go up on my wall! Yay. It took my forever to get the frame hangers on, they were much more difficult to get on than I had imagined. I had to take these tiny tiny nails and hammer them in. Finally after several smashes of my fingers, and lots of yelling, I realized I could do it by holding the nail with a pair of tweezers. This made a world of a difference. Still, it took me a while to get them all on there, but I did it. I can't wait to get everything up. It's been difficult though, with my husband working nights he needs to sleep all day, so I can't hammer then. Then when he leaves, I cook dinner, we eat, and the girls go to bed, so I can't hammer then either. I'm thinking that I will cook dinner earlier tomorrow, so that when he leaves, the ladies can eat, and I can get to working. I am going to have to rearrange the furniture up against that wall too. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it will all be finished tomorrow. I really need to start working on my next project, which is my coffee table. 




We have such a beautiful table, but it really needs to be fixed up. The varnish is coming off of the top, and there are some scratches and stains on the wood. Depending on how tomorrow goes, I'd like to run out to Home Depot and grab a hand held sander, some primer, and some paint. I'm thinking about going with the handheld Norton Sanding Bug. Then I want to do a reddish wash over it, to give it just a hint of color, and add a black satin glaze in the creases and trim. On the top I am going to go with a black chalkboard paint! My ladies are constantly coloring, and it drives me crazy when it's done on the walls and on my furniture, so I figured it would be awesome to put it on the top of the table, and they could just color all over it whenever they want! 

A few days ago I talked briefly about a blog that I absolutely adore, Vintage Revivals. Her work is so inspirational. She does what I absolutely love, she takes people crap, and turns it into something beautiful! There was a post about her daughters desk area, that is absolutely to die for!


I really like the color of the wood on the desk, I think I might try to get hints of that color on the bottom and the legs of the coffee table. The mirror idea above the desk though I think is awesome. It just a bunch of different framed mirrors that have been painted. After you have those how you what them, you work on the mirrors themselves. She uses an acid used in pools to peel off some of the reflectiveness on the backs of the mirrors. You can create so many different textures and affects by doing this. Then once you can see through areas of the mirror you add material to the back to show through. I think it looks like an awesome project! I might have to attempt something like that one day! Although, for now, I am going to have to try and do one thing at a time, and first it's set up the wall tomorrow, then off to the coffee table! I might have to start writing all my fantabulous idea down, there are too many project ideas swirling around in my brain, and I have a tendency to forget things. I just keep finding a lot of awesome ideas, and making them my own. I fear just like my randomly created, awesome recipes I will not remember what I wanted to do, or how to create it. I'm thinking I might be in dire need of a project/inspiration board!!! One thing at a time...one thing at a time..... (this might have to be my new mantra when it comes to projects).



No comments:

Post a Comment