JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh How I Love Purple....

Today is just one of those days when it's wicked dreary, and you really don't want to do anything. For the first half of the day the little ladies and I just hung out playing and watching movies. When my man woke up, it was time to get things going before he had to steal the van for work. Once again I ran to Home Depot to get more paint. I was worried because it was extremely overcast all day, and it started to rain a bit as I left the house. 

I stocked up on more purple, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to work on anything because of the weather. It would have driven me crazy not to fix up the top half of this desk. I am the type of person that if I start a project I am going to go and go and go until it's done. 

After my man left for work I got started on the second coat, well actually, I had to finish the first coat. You should see me, I am absolutely covered in paint. I think its crazy how splotchy the spray paint looks when it's all wet. I took it in the house to dry, because turns out, when you use spray paint in more than 75% humidity the paint starts to crack. It wasn't too bad and I figured it would just add more texture to the whole thing. Here it is drying, don't worry though, when it dries it doesn't look this horrible.


After it was all dried, I went at it with the glaze. Like I said yesterday I planned on using more glaze on this than I did on the tables because I didn't want it to be bright purple. I really like how much darker it made it. It's almost so dark that it looks black, but not quite, I love how the purple is definitely there, yet it's subtle.


While that was drying I figured I would work on the knobs. The little monsters closed the cabinet and the drawers so many times today, it was driving me crazy. So rather than wait until tomorrow I figured that needed to be done right away so I don't lose a little more of my mind. These were the knobs my mom picked out for one of my little siblings when it was theirs.


Those just wouldn't do. There was no way I could go any longer having little rainbow knobs. They would have to become silver. After those dried I screwed them in, and viola! The top half is officially done.


 Hopefully, tomorrow the weather will be better so I can work on the bottom half. I actually have to run outside in a minute and bring it back in since it's like misting outside. I really love the fact that this desk is about 20 years old, and that it's the first desk I ever had. It's about time that it had a makeover, and so far I'm loving it. I think all the furniture is looking great in the room with the red. With all the purple being dark it makes the couch pop even more. I am off to bed for tonight, I really need some sun tomorrow, so cross some fingers, and say some prayers, I really want to get a good days worth of work in!




No comments:

Post a Comment