JugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglingandJelliesJugglineandJelliesJugglingandjellies

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Come What May....

I must apologize in advance for how sappy this may be. Today is my six year wedding anniversary with my husband! It's crazy to think how fast it's gone by. It feels like we were just eighteen, meeting for the first time in the Toronto airport. We had talked on the phone and online for years, because we had a mutual best friend, and they were always at each others houses. It wasn't until I was eighteen though that my parents let me go up to Canada, to visit our friend, and I got the opportunity to meet him. I don't care who doesn't believe it, but I know it was love at first sight. Maybe it's just because I had known everything about him for years, and seeing him just made everything I thought and felt about him reality. Our relationship was technically forbidden. You aren't supposed to go for your best friends, friend. Well I have never worked really well with rules. After our first time meeting we planned to meet every few months, since he lived in Toronto at the time, and I was in New Hampshire. After a little while it turned into every other month, or every month. We both blew thousands of dollars that we had saved as teenagers, visiting each other. We had always joked that if we weren't married by a certain age we would marry each other. Well as time went on those years started to drop, and we joked that we should just get married at nineteen. Little did we both know that that would actually happen. Getting married at nineteen is not very ideal, but we were engaged, and then I got pregnant with our little lady. So it seemed like the best decision. For years, we had it extremely rough. Starting out with nothing is very hard, and ridiculously stressful on a relationship. We had some ups, and a lot of really bad downs. For some reason though everything has just fit perfectly into place. I don't think either one of us has ever been happier than we are now. Personally, I think him being in the Air Force has to do a lot with it. Whatever it is, I can honestly say that I am madly, passionately, and deeply in love with my boy. I don't know if I actually believe in soul mates, maybe that certain souls are more compatible with each other. I just can't picture spending my entire life with any other person in the entire world. He makes me laugh, he keeps me incredibly entertained, he is always teaching me little things (normally about the weather, which unfortunately I really don't care to learn), he provides for our little family, he loves us unconditionally, and he is an amazing father. What more could I ever ask for in a man. We have both grown so much in the past six years, as individuals, but especially as a couple. I don't know who or what I would be today without him in my life. I think the love that I have for him is multiplied by a million because he has given me the two most beautiful and amazing little girls. I thank God every day because I have the three of them. My life revolves around them one hundred percent. It has been a long, tough road to get to where we are now, but it has all been worth it to be able to say that he is my man, and I couldn't possibly be happier. The song we chose for our song is Come What May, from Moulin Rouge. I love it because I feel it totally embodies our relationship. That whatever life brings us, we will love each other until the day we die.







Then...

Now...




No comments:

Post a Comment